Monday, April 18, 2011

Springtime in Paris

 Weather is wonderful in Paris - sunny and not too hot, high 60's. The flowers are blooming and the streets are full of ....kids?  Seems it is spring break in France and everyone wants to come to Paris. What happened to going to the beach?

I am staying down the road from Arc d'Triomphe, so a short walk to Champs Elysees and all its craziness.  I found a 2 story espresso store in the old Air France office. They have espresso conceirges, a couple espresso lounges, areas to consult your espresso sales person, quite an assortment of high end espresso makers and of course espressos from all over the world, and would we even be surprised - chocolates.

 I'm also fascinated with the easter/spring chocolates that are not only in the shape of eggs and bunnies but other various animals- chickens, and even hedgehogs. Not sure where hedgehogs came from, but they are eating a 'raw egg' - really painted chocolate. With egg yolk on their little noses they look so innocent, yet so guilty!






I enjoyed Sunday brunch at the hotel - Paris Hilton...sound familiar? Try looking this up on google - the pictures you see are NOT the hotel.  So, i am getting my fill of croissants and french bread.  Good thing they have a well equipped gym-but I think I'd have to work out at least 3 full hours per day to negate what I'm eating!!!

No comments: