Monday, April 18, 2011

Need strong shoes in Paris!

Feet dont fail me now!  Walking, walking, walking the streets of Paris.  Not a bad thing, just tough on the feet.  But a joy to everything else.
I got to see St Chappelle at the Palais Du Justice.  They have been restoring the magnificent stained glass windows.  They were stunning to begin with and are even more so. The church seems to float on stained glass windows. And my other fave are the gargoyles.

I remember when you could just walk in, but alas - today you have to stand in line for the security check before you get the ticket to go into the basement where you can buy everything St Chappelle and then, finally, you go upstairs to the church.  I didnt even know there was a basement!
Lacey glass windows

Gargoyles!!

The church greeters - on the front door


I got to try out my awful French with the gendarmes after my written postcard flew out of my purse and behind a security fence. Not one of them spoke any English - but they figured by my gesturing that something interesting had happened to something that jumped out of my purse.  I finally convinced one to accompany me to the fence where he understood my issue.  A postcard rescue ensued and all was right with the world again.





Wandering around Ile de citie is always special. Notre Dame is just as regal as ever. I headed over to the Latin Quarter and Sorbonne, then on to St. Germain Des Pres. Stopped at Jardins de Luxembourg to check out the spring flowers and some pastry - of course!   Truely wonderful afternoon. 

There was the Frenchman who decided I needed to learn French and he was going to teach me.  After a couple Ca va's, I got the c'est bien and was allowed to continue.

Neighborhood has great cars! Also saw Ferarri this morning parked in front of hotel

No comments: