Sunday, April 24, 2011

New York Spring Scenes

 After that long flight from Paris, I needed to stay awake. Tho, I have to say that Air France is a pleasant airlines to fly coach. Much better than Delta- better seats, entertainment, and much better food!

I got out and about in the Chelsea area and found that there are indeed alligators coming out of the sewers and munching on very small people. At least that is what i saw in the subway!

 


Whimsical cake3
 I wandered over to Chelsea Market to see the variety of foods, and even just to see the building that was a series of brick warehouses.
 Such an assortment of food related shops - bakeries for cakes, brownies, cookies, pastries and breads;  a restaurant for just soup;  seafood;  organic menus; wines;  baskets - big for Easter; and more.



I sat down for some warm, thick, aromatic curry chicken butternut squash soup.  Just what I needed!  After all those French pastries, I walked past the sweets and breads.  At another time though I could be swayed.

 
bread makers at work

this would be called, the Lobster shop

Interesting architecture

No comments: