Sunday, January 20, 2008

Birthdays



Each of us has a unique celebration day, our birthday. While the mother should be fested, we seem to focus on ourselves. It can be a personal celebration or one that brings friends and family together. But in the end, its about YOU.

Our daily lives are often lost in the throws of masses. The office group, the neighborhood group, the group of people standing in line at Target, the church group, the classroom of students, the drivers on the freeway. Celebrating a birthday gives us a chance to be recognized as an individual personality, one who has a presence, one who makes a difference - usually to those who are celebrating with you.

New Years seems to be the day during the year when people reflect on their lives and determine what changes they want to make. For me, its my birthday. Maybe because it gives me an additional week or so, but more likely because it is My day to decide.

I have a theory 'Theory by O'Leary' that the longer the celebration, the better the year will be. The Theory has been consistently proven...at least in my memory if not factually. So, if you haven't sent my birthday wishes, you have all year to do it... and the Longer you take, the better my year will be! Yes, there is convoluted logic there - but isn't that life?!

No comments: